Your Pleasure Craft Operator Card can be damaged by exposure to the elements or to solvents such as gasoline or insect repellent.

We charge only $19.95 for duplicate or replacement cards. Check Our Prices page for additonal pricing information.


Replacing a lost or damaged PCOC issued by

If you obtained your Pleasure Craft Operator Card from, then follow these steps to replace your PCOC:

  • Send an e-mail addressed to
  • Thus, in your e-mail message, indicate that you need a replacement PCOC and provide us with the personal data that we have in our database for you (i.e.: the data that you provided to us), specifically, you must provide the following data on record: name, address, date of birth.

Note: Pursuant to our privacy policy (and the law), when applying to replace your PCOC, you must provide us with the data on record (i.e.: name, address, and date of birth) so that we can find you on our database. If we did indeed issue your PCOC, then we will reply via e-mail with complete instructions on the next step to getting your card replaced.


Replacing a lost or damaged PCOC issued by another company:

It is important to understand that the PCOC is not a government-issued license; it is essentially a certificate issued by a Transport Canada-approved private company certifying that the holder has passed an ethically delivered Transport Canada-approved boater test.

Thus, obtaining a PCOC is much like earning a certificate from a drivers education school, the certificate itself is not a license. And like a driver's education certificate, one cannot go to the government to replace it if it has been lost or damaged.

We have no access to the databases of other companies. In order for to issue a replacement for a PCOC obtained from another company, the Candidate must contact Transport Canada's Office of Boating Safety and obtain from them a letter called an "Authorization to Issue a Replacement Pleasure Craft Operator Card" and then send a copy of this letter to us by mail along with $24.95 (+ HST) for one replacement PCOC.

To learn how to obtain an Authorization to Issue a Replacement Pleasure Craft Operator Card, please contact the National Office of Boating Safety at: 1-800-267-6687.


Contact Us

Jim Steeves, P.Eng., MBA
Manager – Training and Testing *
565 Edison Avenue Ottawa, ON, K2A 1V5
E-mail: **

* is our registered company name
** to keep our phone lines clear, the best way to reach us is always via e-mail, which allows us to respond to you at any time from anywhere.


back to top

Transport Canada Accreditted is accredited by Transport Canada to deliver boating safety courses and administer tests for the issuance of Pleasure Craft Operator Cards (PCOCs), including replacement cards, under the Competency of Operators of Pleasure Craft Regulations. PCOC card

Privacy Policy


Security Statement


Need a New Card?



Copyright © 2000 - 2018 - All rights reserved
Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our privacy policy